HOW TO HELP
At this time, we are seeking the following items in order to help us accomplish our goals. You can help by either donating these items yourself, providing the financial means for us to purchase the items, or by directing your friends, relatives, and neighbors to our organization.
1. Airline mileage
2. Athletic Supplies
3. School supplies
5. First aid supplies
6. Dooley Kits (Please see below)
|Toys (Girls & Boys)
- Toy cars/Trucks
- Bouncy Balls
- Etc. (Anything that isn't metal and that the children would enjoy)
- Hair Ties
- Hair Clips
- Yes, that's an essential; kids greatly enjoy the sweet treat. Make sure it is not soft or anything that could melt.
Also keep in mind that most of these items will have to fit in a 14"x20" bag. We are filling 200 bags! Thank you so much for your help, every bit counts!
7. Blankets, sheets, towels
9. 44 cent stamps
10. Help obtaining Speaking Dates
12. Help with Public Relations - to newspapers, radio and TV
DAKKIA LEPER VILLAGE (for 138 PEOPLE):
3. Mosquito Nets
4. Sedge Mats
5. Rice and Dried Food
Blankets, sheets, socks, sweaters
Mail to Afghanistan can be sent via APO (Army Post Office):
- Two days after the Tsunami disaster, H.A.L.O. united with a Muslim group here in Seattle and was able to send 10 boxes of Dooley kits from the Friday Harbor School, WA. Clothes for children and 20 boxes of sheets and towels from the W Hotel. These supplies were airlifted to Banda Aceh in Indonesia.
- 6,000 notebooks were delivered by FedEx to the Aschiana School in Kabul, Afghanistan. This was spearheaded by Elizabeth Bennett of Storrs, CT. We also raised $6500 to cover the salaries of teachers for one year. 3,000 of them were donated by Mead Paper Company.
- $1000 was sent to buy 100 looms for the widows in Bamiyan Province, Afghanistan.
- Built a Tuberculosis Annex at Phuoc Long.
- Built an Annex ($24,000), Nursery ($12,500), and Vocational School ($20,000) at the Quang Ngai Orphanage.
- Built an annex to the Thien Binh Orphanage ($7,500).
- Built 2 vocational schools and the Manh Ray Ethnic Minority Village in Bao Lam, Vietnam ($10,000 each).
- Provide Milk for each year for Sister Hai’s House of Love, Thu Duc, Vietnam ($1,500).
- Provided baby cribs and mattresses, salary for a night care worker, drugs, toys and supplies, plus medical and surgical care for special children and babies at Go Vap Orphanage.
- 15 May School for Street children - Dooley Kits
- Ben Cat School for street children - school supplies
- Luz y Via Orphanage, Bogota, Columbia - Yearly salary of a physical therapist, plus medical and school supplies ($5000).
- Uruapan Orphanage in Mexico
Beds, mattresses and pillows ($500, new roof promised) ($15,000)
- Kon Tum Orphanage - A station wagon
- Golgarzol Orphanage, Kabul - Vitamins, funds for shoes
- Kabul, Afghanistan - Physical Therapy Clinic
- Clean water for the Dakkia Leper Village